Recipe type: Appetizer, Snack
Want a 0 point creamy hummus with a hint of lemon? This entire recipe is 0 points when served with crisp cucumber slices, pepper strips, mushrooms or your favorite 0 point vegetable. Exquisite!
- 2 Cans of Chickpeas, drained and rinsed in very cold water*
- ⅛ to ¼ cup of Fat Free Greek Yogurt
- 4 Garlic Cloves, peeled
- 3-4 Tablespoons of Fresh Lemon Juice
- Himalayan Pink Sea Salt to taste
- Fresh Cracked White Ground Pepper, optional
- ¼ Teaspoon of Sweet Paprika, optional
- ⅛ Teaspoon of Cumin, optional
- Ice Cubes
- *Before beginning, drain the chickpeas. Rinse them under very cold water in a colander. Shake well and lay them out on paper towels. Take a few paper towels and dab the tops of the beans too. Let them dry out for about 1 hour. After 1 hour, it will be easy to “peel” the skins off the beans. It is not mandatory to peel them, but I do and I think it produces a very creamy silky taste to the hummus as opposed to not doing peeling them. Also, I think peeling the beans results in a lighter hummus too (if that matters to you)
- In a food processor, combine ½ of the garbanzo beans and start pureeing. While pureeing, add a ice cube and continue pureeing. Add remaining beans and another ice cube and puree.
- Add in the yogurt, garlic cloves, lemon juice and pink sea salt.
- Taste and adjust ingredients to what you like. Add ground white pepper and cumin and mix again (if adding).
- Garnish with a sprinkling of sweet paprika if using.
- If you are going to eat the next day, then refrigerate. If you are going to eat soon after making, leave at room temperature.