Whether it is a summer picnic or Christmas dinner, all year around, my family asks me to bring the macaroni and cheese. EVERYONE loves how rich and creamy it is!
Now this is some serious mac & cheese! For me, the more cheese the merrier, and this recipe hits just the right notes of cheesy goodness. It’s a wonderfully classic dish with a fun modern twist. Try it and it just may become your go-to mac & cheese!
To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
- 1 box elbow macaroni, 16 ounce
- 1 stick butter
- 1 c shredded muenster cheese
- 1 c shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 c shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 c shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 oz cubed processed cheese food (Velveeta)
- 1 1/2 chalf-and-half
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
How to Make 5 Cheese Macaroni
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain well and return to cooking pot. Add the stick of butter and mix it into the macaroni evenly.
- In a large bowl, combine the Muenster cheese, mild and sharp cheddar cheeses, Monterey Jack cheese and processed cheese; combine cheeses well then add it to the noodles and again mix well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a small bowl, combine the half and half, eggs and salt and pepper. Mix this thoroughly. Pour this into the noodle and cheese dish. Be sure to coat all of the noodles and cheese with the half and half mixture. Transfer to a lightly greased deep 2 1/2 quart casserole dish or 9×13 pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes or until hot and bubbling around the edges; serve and ENJOY!