I love the quickness and ease of making a stir fry dish, .
This recipe is a little bit of Asian awesomeness!
- 1 ( 3-1/2 oz.) bag boil-in-bag long grain brown rice
- 1/4 c. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 T. cornstarch
- 1 T. hoisin sauce
- 12 oz. boneless sirloin steak, sliced thinly
- 2 tsp. canola oil
- 2 c. broccoli florets
- 1 c. vertically sliced red onion
- 1 c. chopped carrot
- 1/2 c. sliced red bell pepper
- 2 tsp. dark sesame oil
- 1/3 c. sliced green onions
Cook rice according to the package.
Combine soy sauce, cornstarch and hoisin in a medium bowl. Add beef at toss to coat.
Heat a large skillet or wok over high heat. Add canola oil and swirl to coat. Remove beef, reserving marinade. Add beef to pan and cook 2 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Remove beef from pan. Add veggies and sesame oil to pan. Cook until veggies are crisp-tender. Add reserved marinade to pan and heat for 1 minute. Return beef to pan and heat through. Sprinkle with green onions. Serve over rice.