5 Freestyle Points 381 calories
TOTAL TIME: 20 minutes
PREP TIME: 5 minutes
COOK TIME: 15 minutes
- 2 pounds (4) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup low sodium or gluten-free soy sauce
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (I like Bragg’s)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- sliced scallions, for garnish
- Place the chicken breasts, 1 at a time, in a Ziploc bag. Pound the chicken breast to an even thickness, being careful not to puncture the bag. Put both breasts in the bag.
- In a medium bowl, combine the soy sauce, apple sauce, onion, ginger, garlic, oil, bourbon, BBQ sauce, vinegar, brown sugar and red pepper flakes. Reserve and refrigerate 1/3 cup of the marinade and transfer the remainder to the Ziploc bag with the chicken. Refrigerate and marinate for at least 30 minutes or as long as overnight (the longer the better!! I marinated mine 12 hours).
- Preheat outdoor grill over medium high heat. Discard the marinade in the bag and grill the chicken for 4 minutes per side, or until chicken is cooked through. Transfer chicken to a plate, tent with foil and allow to rest while you make the sauce.
- Put reserved 1/3 cup marinade in a small sauce pan. Add chicken broth and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Once boiling, reduced heat to medium-low until sauce has thickened slightly, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Slice chicken breast, top with sauce, scallions and serve.
Nutritional info accounts for the marinade that gets tossed.
Yield: 4 Servings, Serving Size: 1 breast
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 5
- Points +: 9
- Calories: 381 calories
- Total Fat: 9.5g
- Saturated Fat: 0.3g
- Cholesterol: 130mg
- Sodium: 724.5mg
- Carbohydrates: 12.5g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Sugar: 8g
- Protein: 51g
TO CONTINUE, SEE THE NEXT PAGE (CLICK THE RED NEXT BUTTON BELOW)