Recipe type: Soup
1 SP per serving
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled and diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp dried basil
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- Place all of your ingredients except for your coconut milk into your crock pot.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low 7-8 hours. I like to cook mine according to my plan for the day, I cooked mine on high for 2.5 hours then turned to low for 2 hours.
- Using a inversion blender, or a reg blender blend your soup til it is nice and creamy. Stir in coconut milk and let warm for 15 minutes, if soup is too thick for your liking feel free to add in a little more broth or water.
- Makes 8- 1 cup servings at 1 smart point each, the only thing with points is the coconut milk, for that reason I did not figure out the nutritional info for this recipe. Feel free to top soup with a little coconut milk or a sprinkle of brown sugar.
- Store in sealed container in fridge, freeze after a few days.