5 Freestyle Points 261 calories
TOTAL TIME:45 minutes
- 2 cups (6 oz) uncooked rotini pasta (use brown rice pasta for GF)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups onions, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 lb lean ground beef (95% lean)
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 28 oz diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 cups reduced-fat grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped dill pickles
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta according to the package directions for al dente and drain well.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-low heat. Add the onions and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Stir in the beef and cook until browned; season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the tomato paste, then add the tomatoes and mustard. Let the mixture bubble gently until it is slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Toss the meat mixture with the pasta and spread it into the prepared dish.
- Top with the cheddar and bake until the cheese is melted, about 15 minutes. Sprinkle the chopped pickles over the top and serve.
Yield: 9 servings, Serving Size: 1 cup
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 5
- Points +: 7
- Calories: 261 calories
- Total Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: mg
- Sodium: 468.5mg
- Carbohydrates: 21.5g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 3g
- Protein: 21.5g