This chicken Marsala adaptation allows you to create a creamy and moist sauce to better enjoy the chicken. Perfect with broccoli or brown rice, this recipe won´t take you more than 30 minutes to prepare. The rich combination of mushrooms and chicken is the perfect weeknight dinner.
Yields: 2 servings | SmartPoints: 9
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp white wine
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- ¾ cup low fat milk
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ tbsp chia oil
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- ½ cup spring onions
- Pinch of salt
- ½ tsp white pepper
- ½ tbsp dried parsley
- Season the chicken with salt, garlic powder and pepper, heat olive oil and sauté both sides until golden brown.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes. Turn breasts around and repeat.
- Remove from heat and set aside
- Heat chia oil, mushrooms and spring onions until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the cornstarch and keep stirring for about 1 minute until it turns creamy.
- Slowly pour in the milk and keep whisking until it becomes thick.
- When the sauce has thickened, remove from heat and add in the wine.
- Place chicken on a plate and pour sauce over and sprinkle with parsley.