For the chicken:
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup 1% plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for sprinkling
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Freshly cracked black pepper
For the salad:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 3 Persian cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (145 g) cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
For the bowls:
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup Skinny tzatziki (from my blog)
- 1/4 cup authentic feta (the kind that comes in brine), crumbled
- 12 smashed castelvetrano olives
To make the chicken:
- Cut the chicken thighs into 1-inch (2.5-cm) pieces.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt, oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano, turmeric, salt, and red pepper flakes.
- Add the chicken and stir to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour and up to 8 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill or grill pan to medium-low heat.
- Thread the chicken pieces among 4 wooden or metal skewers, discarding the marinade in the bowl.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill the chicken, turning the skewers occasionally, until golden brown and cooked through in the center, about 15 minutes.
To make the salad:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil and vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, and red onion and toss to combine.
To make the bowls:
- Divide the quinoa among 4 bowls, 1/2 cup each.
- Top with the cucumber salad, followed by a spoonful of tzatziki, 1 tablespoon crumbled feta, and 3 olives.
- Top with 1 chicken skewer and serve immediately.
Yield: 4 servings, Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 9
- Points +: 10
- Calories: 400 calories
- Total Fat: 16g
- Saturated Fat: 3.5g
- Cholesterol: 113mg
- Sodium: 719.5mg
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Sugar: 4g
- Protein: 33.5g
CLICK NEXT BELOW TO CONTINUE