- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour (King Arthur)
- 3/4 cups unbleached all purpose flour (King Arthur)
- 3/4 cup raw sugar
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 tbsp virgin coconut oil (or canola)
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- baking spray
- 2/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a mini muffin tin with paper liners and lightly spray liners with oil for easy removal.
- In a medium bowl, combine flours, sugar, baking soda, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, and salt with a wire whisk. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix pumpkin puree, oil, egg whites and vanilla; beat at medium speed until thick. Scrape down sides of the bowl.
- Add flour mixture to the wet mixture, then blend at low speed until combined; do not over mix. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin tin and bake on the center rack for 22 to 24 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let them cool at least 15 minutes before serving.
Yield: 14 servings, Serving Size: 2 mini muffins
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 7
- Points +: 4
- Calories: 160 calories
- Total Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 118mg
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 18g
- Protein: 2g