Yields: 1 serving | Serving Size: 1 cup |Calories: 197 | Total Fat: 5.2 g | Saturated Fat: 1.0 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 10 mg | Carbohydrates: 37.9 g | Dietary Fiber: 8.4 g | Sugars: 7.6 g | Protein: 6.7 g | SmartPoints: 7
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 ripe banana, sliced
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree (optional, but delicious)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup egg whites (or 1-2 whites from whole eggs)
- Bring water to a boil. Stir in oats, chia seeds, cocoa, and cinnamon and lower heat.
- Add banana. Cook ~5 minutes. Stir periodically, breaking up banana pieces.
- Add pumpkin (if using) when water is about 75% absorbed. Stir in gently. Cook another few minutes.
- When water is almost all absorbed, add the vanilla. Add egg whites and whisk 2-3 minutes until they have melted in.
- Cover pot with a lid for ~5 minutes.
- Top with desired toppings and enjoy.