For the Bailey’s frosting:
- 5.5 oz 1/3 less fat Philly Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tsp Bailey’s Irish Cream
For the cupcakes:
- 3/4 cup + 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 7 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup stout
- 4 oz unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 tbsp canola oil
- cooking spray
- Combine all the frosting ingredients in a medium bowl and mix until smooth with an electric mixer.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a cupcake tin with 12 liners and lightly spray liners with oil (to prevent sticking).
- In a large bowl sift together all the dry ingredients; sugar, flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda.
- In a medium bowl combine the wet ingredients (egg through canola oil) and beat until smooth.
- With a mixer, slowly add the sifted flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Pour into cupcake liners and bake 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before frosting.
Yield: 12 servings, Serving Size: 1 cupcake with frosting
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 8
- Points +: 5
- Calories: 189 calories
- Total Fat: 6.5g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: mg
- Sodium: 214.5mg
- Carbohydrates: 31g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Sugar: 19.5g
- Protein: 3.5g