Yields: 6 servings | serving size: 1 slice | Calories: 141 | Total Fat: 5 g | Saturated Fats: 1 g | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 93 mg |Sodium: 593 mg | Carbohydrates: 15 g | Dietary fiber: 5 g | Sugars: 5 g | Protein: 11 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 2 |
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, mined
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- ½ cup diced green bell pepper
- ½ cup sliced zucchini
- 6 broccoli florets
- ¼ cup diced sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Sea Salt to taste
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon low-fat parmesan cheese, optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large skillet on medium-low heat, add oil and sauté onion and garlic until tender, about 4 minutes. Add diced bell pepper, zucchini, broccoli and sun-dried tomatoes and continue sautéing 2 minutes.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites, milk, spices and ¼ cup parmesan cheese. Lightly spray a 9” pie dish, add sautéed vegetables. Pour egg mixture over vegetables, make sure to cover all veggies.
- Loosely cover with foil and bake 10 minutes at 425 degrees, reduce heat to 350 and continue baking 20-25 minutes. Remove foil the last few minutes of baking time and sprinkle with the remaining parmesan cheese. Quiche is done when it puffs and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
CLICK Below TO PRINT it for latter & Download …