Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 1 1/2 cup | Calories: 243 | Total Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 106mg | Sodium: 481mg | Carbohydrates: 23g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Protein: 27g | SmartPoints: 6
- 8 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 leek, diced
- 3 carrots, diced
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 large lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 chicken boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- Chopped dill, for garnish
- Add broth, garlic, leek, carrots, onion, lemon zest, chicken, salt and pepper into slow cooker. Cook on low for 5 to 6 hours or high for 2 to 3 hours.
- Mix together the lemon juice and egg yolks until frothy. Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and shred. Add lemon juice and egg mixture in and whisk into the soup — this should make it thicker and creamier! Then add the shredded chicken and brown rice, stir and serve with chopped dill on top!