- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoons finely minced or grated ginger root
- 2 medium garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons finely minced scallions
In a small glass bowl, combine the soy sauce, lime juice, lime zest, ginger, garlic, honey, oil and 2 tablespoons of the cilantro. Remove and reserve 2 tablespoons of the marinade to use for basting when you cook the chicken.
Place the chicken in a plastic zipper bag and add the marinade. Squeeze the air from the bag and close it. Place the bag of chicken in the refrigerator to marinate for 2 to 4 hours.
Grill the chicken over medium-high heat for 6 to 8 minutes. Flip and brush the chicken with the reserved marinade. Grill until the chicken is cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes more.
To serve, place the grilled chicken on a platter and sprinkle with the scallions and remaining cilantro.
Nutritional Estimates Per Serving (1 thigh): 5 PointsPlus