- 32 (12 oz) large peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Pinch cayenne pepper (or more, to taste)
- Olive oil spray
- 1 (7 oz) zucchini, quartered lengthwise
- 1 medium red bell pepper, halved, seeds and membrane removed
- 4 small corn cobs, husks removed
- 4 ounces Hass avocado (1 small), diced
- Juice from ½ a lime
- Gently pat shrimp dry with a paper towel and place them in a medium bowl. Add the olive oil and toss to evenly coat. Add the onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, brown sugar, ½ teaspoon salt, pepper and cayenne. Toss again and carefully skewer shrimp onto pre-soaked wood or metal skewers. Set aside.
- Lightly spray the bell pepper, zucchini and corn with olive oil spray and use your hands to evenly coat. Season with 1/4 tsp salt and pepper.
- Over medium-high heat, grill the corn cobs, bell pepper halves and zucchini for 4 minutes. Using long metal tongs, carefully turn the corn cobs, peppers and zucchini then place the shrimp on the grill. Cook for an additional 4 minutes, flipping the shrimp after 2 minutes. Remove everything from the grill at the same time.
- Place corn cobs on a cutting board and carefully cut off the kernels from the cob. Dice the peppers and zucchini. Place the kernels in a medium bowl with the peppers, zucchini, avocado and lime juice. Add ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper, to taste. Toss to evenly coat. Divide shrimp and salad among 4 plates and serve.
Yield: 4 Servings, Serving Size: 1 1/4 cups salad, 8 shrimp
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 3
- Points +: 6
- Calories: 247 calories
- Total Fat: 20g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 102mg
- Sodium: 443mg
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Fiber: 5.5g
- Sugar: 7g
- Protein: 20g