TOTAL TIME: 1 hour
- 1 cup (5 oz) unbleached all purpose flour, whole wheat or gluten-free mix*
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (make sure it’s not expired or it won’t rise)
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (use less if using table salt)
- 1 cup 0% Greek yogurt (not regular yogurt, it will be too sticky)
- 3 tablespoon raisins
- 1 egg white, beaten (whole egg works fine too)
Icing (only half will get used)*:
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon milk or water
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Place parchment paper or a silpat on a baking sheet. If using parchment paper, spray with oil to avoid sticking.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon and salt and whisk well.
- Add the yogurt and raisins, mix with a fork or spatula until well combined, it will look like small crumbles.
- Lightly dust flour on a work surface and remove dough from the bowl, knead the dough a few times until dough is tacky, but not sticky, about 10 to 15 turns (it should not leave dough on your hand when you pull away).
- Divide into 8 equal balls. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Top with egg wash. Bake on the top rack of the oven for 25 minutes. Let cool at least 30 minutes before icing.
For the icing:
- In a small bowl, whisk the powdered sugar with milk until smooth. Transfer to a small ziplock bag and cut the tip. Ice the tops of the rolls in a cross pattern.
Air Fryer Method:
- Preheat the air fryer 325F degrees and set for 11 to 12 minutes.
- Transfer in batches without overcrowding and bake 11 to 12 minutes, or until golden. No need to turn.
- Let cool at least 30 minutes before icing.
*Since only half gets used on top, I deducted half of the sugar from the analysis.
Yield: 4 servings, Serving Size: 2 buns
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 7
- Points +: 5
- Calories: 230 calories
- Total Fat: 0.5g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 426mg
- Carbohydrates: 46g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Sugar: 16.5g
- Protein: 10.5g
CLICK NEXT BELOW TO CONTINUE