- Cook Time 8 hours
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 8 hours 5 minutes
- 3- 28 oz cans crushed tomatoes
- 2- 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 5 garlic cloves minced (or about 3 tbs already minced garlic)
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 tbsp oregano, dried
- 2 tbs basil, dried I also use fresh when I have some from the garden)
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes more or less depending on the level of spice you’d like
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
Mix all of your ingredients in a 6-quart slow cooker. Cook on low for 8-10 hours to really get all of those lovely flavours to mingle and fall in love with each other. Let cool completely before adding to freezer bags.
Optional: For a smoother sauce, use an immersion hand blender, or put in a blender. Blend until desired consistency.
*If using a blender make sure the sauce is cool or blend in small batches*