- 1 (16.25-ounce) package of white cake mix for me I used Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (3 1/2ounce) can of flaked coconut
- 2/3 cup toasted and chopped pecans
- 3 tbsps Rum (optional)
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- Beat together the white cake mix, eggs, buttermilk and vegetable oil at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes then stir in the coconut and pecans. Pour into 3 greased and floured 9-inch round cakepans.
- Bake Bake for 15 to 17 minutes at 350°, until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks.
- Sprinkle each cake layer evenly with rum, if desired; let stand 10 minutes.
- Spread Cream Cheese Frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake. Chill 2 hours before slicing.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 (16-ounce) package powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and butter at medium speed until smooth. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Then stir in vanilla and pecans. Finally frost cake when completely cooled.
- source allrecipes.com