Yields: 4 servings | Calories: 400 | Total Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 145mg | Sodium: 405mg | Carbohydrates: 26g | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 8g | Protein: 46g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 5
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 pound whole carrots, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 4 (6 to 8 ounce) boneless and skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
[irp posts=”18455″ name=”ROASTED CHICKEN LEGS RECIPE”]
- Preheat the oven 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with non stick spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, pepper, cumin, cinnamon, and garlic powder.
- In a large bowl, combine 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, 1 tablespoon of the honey, half of the spice mixture, and the carrots. Toss to coat the carrots in the spices. Spread the mixture on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Loosely cover the carrots with foil and bake for 10 minutes.
- While the carrots cook, coat the chicken breast in the remaining olive oil, remaining honey, and remaining spice mixture. Remove the carrots from the oven and remove the foil. Move the carrots to one side of the pan and place the chicken on the second half. Bake for 20 minutes or until the chicken is firm and cooked through and carrots are soft.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with fresh thyme. Serve and enjoy