ields: 4 servings | Calories: 286 | Total Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 39mg | Sodium: 748mg | Carbohydrates: 33g | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Protein: 20g | SmartPoints: 8
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into thick chunks
- 1 medium yellow squash, cut into thick chunks
- 1/2 pound red potatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup whole wheat Panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated low fat Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 4 (6 to 8 ounce) boneless and skinless chicken breast
- 2 large egg whites
[irp posts=”17441″ name=”30-Minute Garlic Parmesan Pasta with Crispy Chicken”]
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly coat a 9×13 casserole dish with non stick spray.
- In a medium sized bowl add zucchini, yellow squash, bell pepper, and potatoes. Add the olive oil.half the salt, half pepper, 1/4 cup of the Panko bread crumbs, 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan, and 1 teaspoon of the garlic powder. Toss well and spread in an even layer in the prepared casserole dish.
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper. Set aside. Place the egg whites in a small bowl. In a second small bowl add the remaining Panko, half the remaining parmesan cheese, and remaing garlic powder. Dip the chicken into the egg whites and then coat in the parmesan garlic crumbs. Ensure all sides of the chicken are coated. Lay chicken on top of the vegetables in the casserole dish.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Remove from oven and top with remaining Parmesan and serve.