- 4 slices center cut bacon
- ½ lb (8 oz) 99% lean ground turkey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1/3 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/3 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 pinch dried marjoram
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (13.8 oz) refrigerated pizza crust (I used Pillsbury)
- 2 oz sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (make sure to choose a quality sharp cheddar for added flavor)
- 1 tablespoon light butter, melted
- Pre-heat your oven to 375.
- Cook the bacon according to package directions and set aside on paper towels to drain. Crumble or chop the bacon when drained.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ground turkey with the salt, black pepper, sage, thyme, marjoram and crushed red pepper. Stir (or mush with your hands or a fork) until the turkey is well combined with the seasonings.
- Mist a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and bring to medium heat. Add the seasoned turkey and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until the turkey is cooked through and broken into bite-sized pieces. Remove the turkey to a side plate and wipe out the skillet with a paper towel
- While the turkey is cooking, break the eggs into a mixing bowl and beat together. Add a splash of water and stir to combine. When the turkey is done, mist the skillet with cooking spray and bring over med-low heat. Add the eggs and cook, using a spatula to move the eggs around, scrapping the thin layer of cooked eggs off the bottom until all the eggs are cooked and fluffy. Set aside.
- Unroll the pizza dough onto a piece of parchment paper and roll the dough to be 10”x14.” Using a pizza cutter or a sharp knife, make cuts up one of the longer sides of the dough, about 1 inch apart and about 3 inches long (into the center). Mirror those cuts on the opposite long side of the dough.
- Spread the turkey mixture down the center of the pizza dough, in a row with the cuts on either side. Top the turkey sausage with the scrambled eggs, chopped bacon and shredded cheddar. Starting at one end, fold a strip of the sliced dough on the side diagonally over the center ingredients. Fold the strip across from it over that strip in a criss-cross and repeat, alternating sides, until the strips of dough are covering the center in a braided pattern. Brush the top of the braid with the melted butter.
- Transfer the parchment paper with the braid onto a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until the dough is golden. Slice into 8 equal pieces and serve.
WEIGHT WATCHERS FREESTYLE SMARTPOINTS:
5 per slice (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PLUS:
6 per slice (P+ calculated using a Weight Watchers brand PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition information below)
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SLICE:
212 calories, 24 g carbs, 3 g sugars, 7 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 15 g protein, 1 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)