5 Freestyle Points 258 caloriesTOTAL TIME:30 minutes
- 4 thin boneless, skinless cutlets, 4 oz each
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2/3 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 thin slices low sodium deli ham, I use Boar’s Head (3 oz total)
- 4 slices light Swiss Cheese such as Alpine Lace (3 oz total)
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
* All purpose gluten-free flour works well here.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place the flour in a shallow dish. Lightly dredge the chicken with flour on both sides, shaking off the excess reserving the flour.
- In a small bowl combine the chicken broth, lemon juice, Dijon mustard and 1 teaspoon of the reserved flour, whisk until smooth.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Melt the butter and add 1 teaspoon of the olive oil and half of the chicken.
- Cook 2 minutes on each side, until slightly golden, then transfer to a dish.
- Add remaining 1/2 teaspoon olive oil and remaining chicken and cook 2 minutes on each side.
- Set aside on a dish with the other pieces of chicken.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, add the chicken broth mixture. Whisk scraping up any bits stuck to the pan then simmer 2 minutes to reduce slightly.
- Return the chicken to the skillet, top each piece with a slice of ham and a slice of swiss, cover the skillet and simmer medium-low for 3 to 4 minutes until the cheese melts.
- To serve use a spatula and transfer the chicken to each dish, spoon the remaining sauce over each piece.
Yield: 4 servings, Serving Size: 1 piece chicken
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 5
- Points +: 6
- Calories: 258 calories
- Total Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 109mg
- Sodium: 578mg
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugar: 1g
- Protein: 37g