Adapted from Weight Watchers
45 MIN TIME
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 celery sticks, diced
- 1 zucchini, peeled and diced
- ½ medium sweet yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 pound ground chuck, chicken or turkey
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can petite-diced tomatoes with liquid
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 5 Barilla Oven-Ready lasagna sheets, broken roughly into 8-12 pieces
- 1 cup, Mozzarella Pearls, optional
- 1 1/2 cups non-fat shredded Italian Cheese Blend
- ½ cup fresh basil, coarsely chopped, plus extra to serve
- In a large, oven-proof skillet, heat the oil and butter over medium-high heat. Sauté the carrots and celery for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the diced onion and zucchini and sauté approximately 3-4 minutes or until onions are translucent and zucchini has softened.
- Add the garlic and thyme, stir, and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the beef and cook 2-4 minutes or until beef has browned. Stir to break up any chunks of meat.
- Stir in tomatoes, 1-cup water and tomato paste.
- Do a taste test, and season, to taste, with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Bring the mixture to boil.
- Add the pasta pieces and mozzarella pearls and stir.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, covered 10 minutes.
- Remove lid and cook 5-10 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- Turn oven to broil.
- Top the beef mixture with the Italian Cheese Blend and broil just until cheese has melted and top is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with chopped fresh basil.
- Serve with side salad and oven-toasted, buttery crostini.