“Five stars for quick, easy, and tasty. Plus, I already had everything in the house. I left out the beer and used one cup homemade chicken broth instead. I used two chicken breasts and that seemed like a good amount. I also used fire-roasted frozen corn from Trader Joe’s (instead of canned). Garnished with light sour cream and fresh cilantro, and served with tortilla strips for dipping! Yum!”
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer
- 2 (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 3 whole skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- crushed tortilla chips (optional)
- Place the onion, chili beans, black beans, corn, tomato sauce, beer, and diced tomatoes in a slow cooker. Add taco seasoning, and stir to blend. Lay chicken breasts on top of the mixture, pressing down slightly until just covered by the other ingredients. Set slow cooker for low heat, cover, and cook for 5 hours.
- Remove chicken breasts from the soup, and allow to cool long enough to be handled. Stir the shredded chicken back into the soup, and continue cooking for 2 hours. Serve topped with shredded Cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and crushed tortilla chips, if desired.