Yields: 8 servings | Serving Size: 6 ounces | Calories: 292 | Total Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 98mg | Sodium: 535mg | Carbohydrates: 15g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 9g | Protein: 40g | SmartPoints: 5
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 head of garlic, cut in half horizontally
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and cut in half horizontally
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large (about 4 pounds) boneless and skinless turkey breast
- Add chicken broth to the slow cooker. Place the garlic and onion halves in the bottom of the slow cooker to create a “shelf” for the turkey breast.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, thyme, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Stir to make a paste and coat all sides of the turkey breast with the rub. Place the turkey on top of the onion and garlic halves in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook 7 to 8 hours on low or 3 to 4 hours on high or until turkey breast is cooked through. Pour drippings over turkey breast before serving
CLICK NEXT BELOW TO CONTINUE