- refrigerated Dough for 1 (9-inch) pie crust
- 7 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups chopped fresh baby spinach (1 1/2 ounces)
- 2/3 cup skim milk
- 6 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup part skim ricotta
- 1/3 cup part skim shredded mozzarella
- 3/4 cups halved grape or cherry tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
- Roll the dough out on a well-floured work surface until it’s approximately 11 to 12-inches in diameter.
- Transfer it to a 9-inch metal or glass pie dish. Using your fingers, press it firmly into the bottom and sides of the pie plate. Trim off any excess, leaving about 1/2-inch overhanging. Then fold/crimp the overhanging dough.
- Prick the bottom of the pie crust with the tines of a fork. Transfer the pie crust to your pre-heated oven and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until par-baked.
- Meanwhile in a large mixing bowl combine eggs with spinach, milk, 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, basil and salt; mix well.
- Pour mixture into the par-baked pie crust.
- In a small bowl combine ricotta with mozzarella and remaining parmesan.
- Dollop the ricotta all around and top and place tomatoes around the cheese.
- Place foil on the edges of the crust to prevent them from burning.
- Place quiche on cookie sheet and bake on the middle oven rack for 50 to 55 minutes, or until top is browned and a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool before serving.
[irp posts=”8694″ name=”Scrambled Eggs with Ricotta”]
Yield: 8 servings, Serving Size: 1 slice
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 5
- Points +: 6
- Calories: 225 calories
- Total Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Cholesterol: 178mg
- Sodium: 366.5mg
- Carbohydrates: 15.5g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Sugar: 1g
- Protein: 12g