Yields: 24 servings | Serving Size: 1 bar | Calories: 186 | Total Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 107mg | Carbohydrates: 30g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 15g | Protein: 3g | SmartPoints: 9
- 2 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 2 cups strawberries, tops removed
- 2 cups rhubarb, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) jar no-sugar added strawberry preserves
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly spray a 9 X 13 inch baking pan.
- In a food processor, pulse whole wheat flour, buckwheat flour, coconut sugar, salt, and baking powder in a food processor until well combined. Add butter cubes and pulse until mixture is crumbly. Add egg, honey, and molasses and pulse until well combined and large clumps form. Reserve 1/2 cup of the mixture and pour the remainder into prepared baking pan and press into the bottom and slightly up the sides to form a crust.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove from oven and cool.
- Combine all ingredients in food processor and lightly pulse together just to combine ingredients. Pour into a small sauce pan and heat on medium heat until preserves had melted and a sauce begins for form. Pour over cooled crust and crumble reserved 1/2 cup of crust mixture on top.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until filling is bubbly and top begins to lightly brown. Cool completely before cutting and serving. If desired, sprinkle with powdered sugar.