Yields: 24 bites | Serving Size: 2 bites | Calories: 94 | Total Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 160mg | Carbohydrates: 16g | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 1g | Protein: 5g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 1
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sweet potato, mashed
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
[irp posts=”18274″ name=”Turkey Meatloaf Cupcakes with Mashed Potatoes”]
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except for the black beans and mix well. Gently fold in the beans just until they’re incorporated.
- Gently form in to patties, about 2 to 3 tablespoons per patty, and place on the parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until cooked through and just beginning to brown. Serve hot or cold if a more firm patty is desired.
- TIP (optional): Serve with a spicy yogurt dip, fresh pico de gallo or guacamole!