Yield: 85 Churro cookies (7 cookies = 2 Freestyle Points, 1 tablespoon caramel dip = 2 Freestyle Points)
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (I used Pillsbury)
- 2 tablespoons granulated Splenda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Egg white from one egg
- 4 oz. low fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar free caramel sundae syrup
[irp posts=”18107″ name=”Cherry Almond Oatmeal Cookies weight watchers SmartPoints: 6″]
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle flour on your work surface and unroll the pie dough. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough out.
- Use a 1″ cookie cutter and cut out as many as you can. Place the cookies on the baking sheet.
- Roll the leftover dough into a ball and roll it out again. Cut out more cookies with the cookie cutter. Repeat until all of the dough is used. I made 85.
- In a small bowl mix together the Splenda and cinnamon.
- Brush egg white over each of the cookies and sprinkle with the cinnamon mixture.
- Place in the oven for 12-15 minutes.
- While the churro cookies bake, mix cream cheese and sugar free caramel sundae syrup together in a microwave safe bowl. Put in the microwave for 30 seconds at 50%. Give it a good stir when it comes out of the microwave.